While some women do not mind buying replica handbags, others prefer designer handbags only. It all depends on preference and personal taste. Knowing how to distinguish genuine designer handbags from the replicas and fakes is important. There are several ways to tell if a handbag is a replica by paying attention to specific features. Here are a few tips to help you tell the difference between a real designer handbag and a replica.
1. Price. If you see a designer handbag that is priced extremely low (usually under $100), then it is more than likely a replica handbag. It is very difficult to find a genuine Gucci or Prada handbag for fifty dollars. Most handbags made by popular designers usually cost at least a few hundred dollars. Many genuine designer handbags are priced into the thousands of dollars.
2. Look for Differences. Check the bag to see if there is anything that looks odd or different. For example, if the numbers, monograms, or letters look even a bit off, then it is probably a replica bag. It is also a good idea to look at the patterns and stitching to check the handiwork. If the seams or stitching looks sloppy then it is probably a fake.
3. Look inside the bag. One good way to tell if a handbag is not genuine is to see what kind of label is on the inside of the bag. Most genuine designer handbags have a designer label as well as a tag indicating where it was made. For the most part, designer handbags are usually made in France or Italy. In addition, certain handbags include a serial number attached on the inside. Other designers prefer to stamp their names onto the handbag; either into the leather, on a metal plate, in the body of the handbag, or printed on the material. One good way to spot a knock-off is that companies that produce replicas do not take the time or spend the additional amount of money to stamp the designer name properly.
4. Look for an authenticity card. Many designers include some form of authenticity card with their handbags. They are usually placed inside the handbag in the zipper enclosure or made visible when the handbag is opened for the first time. It is a good idea to ask a designer’s representative to find out if a bag you are interested in comes with an authenticity card. If it does, then make sure the handbag you choose has this card included.
5. Check the hardware. There are some replicas that are so poorly made that it is easy to see that the color does not match or the design is made of cheap materials. You should also inspect the bag for wear and tear since everything should be in pristine condition. If there are dents, scrapes, or scratches, then this is a sign that you may be buying a replica.
The tips given here will help you choose the best designer handbag and help you avoid getting ripped off by a fake seller. It is also a good idea to buy designer handbags from only reputable dealers and sellers. If you want to save money and get your favorite handbag, examine the handbag carefully before making any purchase.